Since the summer season is fast approaching, we need to be prepared for what the hot Zimbabwean heat has in store for us.
The essential essentials:
- Hairbrush/Comb– For when that unexpected gust of wind blows your hair or weaves totally out of place. Combing through your hair after such an ordeal will help you look more put together and presentable. We can’t walk around looking like a scarecrow.
- Lip balm– The cold winter wind we have been experiencing for the past couple of months mean chapped lips, always carry this around to pop on when they feel dry.
- Paracetamol– Or any other pain relief. We never know when that stressed-at-grind headache is going to kick in.
- Feminine hygiene– That time of the month could catch you off guard, always be prepared!
The weather essentials:
- Sunscreen– Even our dark, melanin full, Zimbabwean skin needs tender loving and care. This can be done by using an SPF to minimise the risk of sun damage to your skin and the possibility of skin cancer!
- Sunglasses– You always take care of your skin and your lips, but don’t forget about your eyes. Sunglasses also double as a gorgeous fashion accessory even if the sun doesn’t come out.
- Umbrella/Hat– It goes without saying to always carry one everywhere to protect yourself from the hot Zimbabwean sun. Who wants to be caught up in the sweltering heat with nothing to cover and protect their heads?
- Water bottle– It is absolutely essential to stay hydrated in the summer. In the dead heat, you will lose water much faster than normal, which is where a reusable water bottle comes in.
The ‘freshen up’ essentials:
- Body spray/deodorant– There is nothing worse than feeling a bit sweaty after a long day and not being able to do anything about it! Always have a mini spray in your bag to freshen up whenever you feel like it.
- Perfume– Although not essential, it’s nice to always smell the way you did when you first left the house in the morning. After you have freshened up with some deodorant, use a spritz of perfume to add the finishing touch.
- Wet wipes– Freshen up and cool down on hot summer days with wet wipes, they also come in handy to get rid of deodorant marks on dark clothing.
The ‘top up’ essentials:
- Concealer– Handy little thing to keep close incase a spot appears out of the blue! Also brightens the eyes if you’ve had a really long day.
- Mascara– Topping up mascara in your lunch break will widen your eyes so you look fresh for the rest of the day.
- Powder– Just incase your makeup hasn’t stayed as well as you thought!
- Mini cosmetics bag– To keep all these makeup products together.