A well-groomed beard that is taken care of can add a lot of personality to a man. 2017 is the year most men have decided to embrace their facial hair both on runaway and off runway. We have seen international and local celebrities like Idris Alba, Michael Ealy, Buffalo Soulja, Hakeem Mandaza and Takura. A beard is one of the many trendy accessories a man can pull this season. A well-groomed and sculpted beard gives this ‘I can handle – don’t mess with me’, classy, handsome look. There is a thin line between being classy and looking scruffy when keeping a beard. Each beard is unique and deserves custom care and maintenance regime.
Here are a few tips on how to grow and maintain beard:
Your results will vary but I promise when you grow a beard it won’t be same old status quo.
• Put away the shaving cream and razor for a while and build your patience. It is a bit messy and patchy in the beginning so man it up and embrace the journey. Results will begin to show after 4-6 weeks.
• Just like your hair, wash and shampoo your beard regularly. A mild shampoo is easier on the skin. Make sure you rinse thoroughly to avoid flaking.
• After shampooing, you may use a conditioner. It helps make your beard feel softer and shiny.
• Gently pat and wipe your beard dry with a towel.
• Comb your beard and moustache with a wide tooth comb to remove tangles and finish off with a brush.
• Based on preference, you can enhance your beard care routine with the use of beard balms and oils.
• Visit your barber for professional trimming and sculpting.
DIY recipe for healthy, shiny beard
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (it stimulates hair follicles to enhance growth)
1 Table spoon of jojoba oil ( it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, soothing the irritated skin)
Mix the two ingredients in a clean bowel
How to use
In the palm of your hand, take some of the above mixture. Apply it to beard by massaging it into the skin. Leave the mixture on for 20- 30 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Growing beard is an experience I recommend all men trying in their lives. If it’s not for you, just try it once and shave it off later on. Through the journey you will become a better man in terms of inner and outside personality. Follow the outlined steps above and you will have a better maintained beard. Happy beard gaming!!
By Sandy NdoroViews: 136