2 sheets of short crust pastry
1 Jar of fruit mince (you can make your own)
1 tablespoon milk
Icing sugar to dust
60ml orange juice
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup grated apple
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup chopped dates
25 g melted butter
Combine the above ingredients and soak for 2 hours or overnight.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C
2. Cut the pastry into discs and place into a muffin tin . Cut out star shapes from the pastry for the tops.
3. Fill each disc with a teaspoon full of the mince and place a star shape on top of each.
4. Brush the pastry with milk.
5. Bake for 20 mins or until golden.
6. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
7. Enjoy !
By Chef Bex – IG: @bex.inthekitchen