1 Pork fillet/ tenderloin
1 onion finely diced
1 apple finely diced
1 garlic clove
7 strips of bacon
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 slice of bread
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 200degrees C
2. To prepare the stuffing sauté apple, onion , garlic and dried spices until fragrant and softened.
3. Pulse the bread in a processor to form coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Combine the onion mixture with the breadcrumbs and mustard.
4. Butterfly the pork and gently pound it to make it even. Season the pork.
5. Add the stuffing to the pork then bring it together to make a roll.
6. Wrap the bacon around the pork roll.
7. Roast for about 20 mins or until cooked through .
8. Brush bacon with maple syrup and place under the grill for about 5mins to crisp up.
9. Rest the pork roll before slicing and serve on a bed of rocket or spinach leaves .
10. Enjoy !
By Chef Bex – IG: @bex.inthekitchen